Mark II Recovery Tracks - Pink (Pair) - By MAXTRAX
The original & the best. MAXTRAX is the lightweight, easy-to-use vehicle recovery and extraction device that’s easily carried by almost anything with four-wheels ensuring an easy way out if your vehicle becomes stuck.
Take the drama out of getting stuck. The aggressive large cleats on MAXTRAX sink their teeth into the tyre tread and the terrain under your 4WD vehicle to prevent it from slipping back into mud, snow, or sand and make vehicle recovery quick and easy.
Six comfortable built-in handles and a shovel at either end for removing excess earth to help get you unstuck quicker. They also have exclusive keyhole accessory points to allow you to securely mount your MAXTRAX.
Made of UV-stabilized, flexible, super tough engineering-grade reinforced nylon, MAXTRAX provides traction and a firm base to get your vehicle quickly back on track. They have been tested at the University of Queensland to wrap completely around a 33-inch tire without breaking.
The perfect fit for every outing. Measuring just 1150mm long X 330mm wide x 85mm tall (45 inches long X 13 inches wide)
Each set of MAXTRAX stacks together at a height of just 85mm (3.5 inches).
Each MAXTRAX weighs just 3.4 kilograms (7.5 pounds), making them easy to carry and thanks to it’s signature double-edged design, it’s easy and quick to manoeuvre under your tires.
Easily stows with the rest of your car camping, overlanding, or four-wheel drive touring gear.
MAXTRAX RECOVERY TRACKS: Maxtrax back our confidence in this quality Australian Made product with a lifetime warranty against faulty materials and workmanship.
MAXTRAX ACCESSORIES: 12 month warranty against faulty materials and workmanship.
1. When your vehicle fails to proceed, STOP and retrieve your MAXTRAX. Spinning your wheels, particularly in soft sand, will only bury your vehicle deeper.
2. Clear debris and obstructions from around tyres and underbody components such as diffs, axles and sidesteps. MAXTRAX can be inverted and used as a shovel. It is essential that the wheels are bearing the weight of the vehicle, not spinning freely in mid-air. You may need to use a long-handled shovel to clear beneath the vehicle's undercarriage.
3. WEDGE the MAXTRAX FIRMLY against the tyre tread, in front of both front tyres if attempting to drive forward, or behind both rear tyres if attempting to reverse. Ensure that the MAXTRAX are pointing in the intended direction of immediate travel. The MAXTRAX should not lay flat on the ground but protrude at an angle (as shown above). Lowering your tyre pressures now can greatly improve the available traction to ensure a successful recovery. Using the telltale leashes will also make finding your buried MAXTRAX that much easier.
4. Clear the area of personnel and climb back into your vehicle. Double check to ensure the area is clear of personnel before starting the engine. 5. Engage low ratio, first gear and GENTLY accelerate. DO NOT SPIN YOUR WHEELS! The slow rotation allows the tyres to grip the lugs on top of the MAXTRAX and draw them under. Wheel spin will damage your MAXTRAX (by generating sufficient heat to melt the material and burn off the teeth), and dig you in deeper. MAXTRAX damaged by wheel spin are not covered under warranty.
6. If the tyres do not immediately grip the MAXTRAX and drag them underneath, STOP, reposition the MAXTRAX so that they are FIRMLY WEDGED against the tyre's treads, and try again. DO NOT SPIN YOUR WHEELS! You may also need to clear more debris to ensure the wheels are bearing the vehicle's weight.