Winch Ring - By MAXTRAX
The MAXTRAX Winch Ring 120 adds to the growing range of modern 4×4 equipment designed to make recoveries easier and safer. Designed as an alternative to a steel snatch block when setting up a double line winch recovery pull.
- For use with Synthetic Winch Ropes Only.
- Precision engineered from 6061 billet Aluminium.
- Anodised finish for corrosion protection.
- 120mm Diameter.
- Designed for use with soft shackles and synthetic winch ropes.
- Weight: 620g
- WLL: 12,500 kg
- Destructive Test Break Load: 62,508 kg / 137,806 lbs
- Australian designed, engineered and tested
- Backed by a comprehensive Quality Assurance Program, each ring is individually x-rayed for inclusions.
The MAXTRAX Winch Ring is generally a safer option than a steel snatch block. Steel blocks use the same ideology, but are heavy and require the use of hard shackles. While high quality and well-maintained traditional steel snatch blocks are unlikely to break, if something in the setup, like the anchor, fails there is the potential for the snatch block to become a heavy projectile.
The idea here is in line with MAXTRAX's aim to remove heavy items like steel winch cables and shackles from recovery setups wherever possible.
The Winch Ring 120 is also significantly lighter than a steel snatch block too, saving valuable storage weight in your rig.
Double Line Pulls Explained:
For those new to winch recoveries, let’s explain a double line pull. By running the winch line through a pulley (traditionally a steel snatch block pulley) and back to the vehicle it’s possible to almost double the capacity of the winch. For every length of winch we roll on the drum, your truck only moves forward half that distance.
Think of it as low-range for your winch. Sometimes a single line pull will be more than enough, but it’s an easy trick to get more winching power when you really need it in extreme recovery conditions.
The MAXTRAX Winch Ring rigs up in the same layout as a traditional snatch ring. It’s designed for synthetic winch lines only. It’s a simple matter of placing the winch line over the ring and connecting the Winch Ring to an anchor point using a soft shackle as pictured.
The all-new MAXTRAX Recovery System! After decades of 4x4ing in tough Aussie conditions and witnessing close calls with flying metal during recoveries, MAXTRAX knew there had to be a safer way.
If you travel often enough, chances are you’ll need more than recovery boards and the ability to air down for recovering your rig. The MAXTRAX Recovery System is the revolutionary range of modern 4×4 recovery gear that aids safer recoveries.
THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM
The goal of the MAXTRAX Recovery System was to offer a safer, stronger and smarter do it all range of recovery gear.
Here's how they did it:
1. Reduction of metal in recovery components.
Steel shackles and other bulky gear becomes extremely dangerous at velocity if systems fail, so the majority of these have been replaced with high quality soft shackles.
2. Any metal components made with high safety factors.
The metal parts that remain in the system are over engineered and rated to ensure they are never the point of failure.
3. Build in a predictable point of failed if the system was overloaded.
By introducing the MAXTRAX Fuse Shackle, which is designed to be the controlled failure point if the system is overloaded.
The complete system includes the following options:
- MAXTRAX Core Shackle (quality soft shackle removes the need to use traditional steel shackles)
- MAXTRAX Fuse Shackle (quality soft shackle that is designed to be the planned weak point of the system)
- MAXTRAX Kinetic Rope – 2m, 3m, 5m or 10m (the stronger, improved snatch strap alternative)
- MAXTRAX Static Rope – 3m (to be used as a load spreading bridle, tree protector or extension)
- MAXTRAX Winch Rope – 30m (the safer option replacement synthetic rope for your winch)
- MAXTRAX Hitch 50 (tow bar hitch mounted recovery point specifically for soft shackles)
- MAXTRAX Winch Ring (for safer double line winching)
- MAXTRAX Recovery Kit Bag (a heavy duty storage bag to house the whole recovery system)
Also, make sure you checkout our full range of MAXTRAX's premium recovery & off-road gear: