MAXTRAX Xtreme Recovery Tracks
The world's best 4WD recovery tracks just got better!
Multi-award-winning MAXTRAX XTREME is the most advanced 4WD recovery track ever created, featuring 88 replaceable hard-anodised alloy teeth moulded into a heavy-duty, super-tough, engineering-grade reinforced Nylon recovery track.
Designed and manufactured for professional use based on direct feedback from some of the world's most elite military units, off-road racing champions, certified 4WD driver trainers and globe-trotting expedition leaders as a mission-critical recovery track for a wide range of scenarios where time is of the essence and aggressive driving and excessive wheel spin is often unavoidable, including remote area expeditions.
- Australian designed, engineered and manufactured
- 88 replaceable anodised alloy teeth; designed for XTREME users
- Safe and easy recovery from sand, mud, snow and slush
- Made from super-tough engineering-grade reinforced Nylon
- Compatible with MAXTRAX MKII and MAXTRAX mini
- Proven, patent-pending, multi-award-winning design
- Weight: 9kg/20lbs per pair
- Six glove-friendly handles
- Lifetime warranty
- A variety of mounting and carrying options are available at West Supply
XTRAX XTREME is manufactured in Australia using their secret recipe; a heavy-duty, super-tough, engineering-grade reinforced Nylon; the same amazing material that we’ve made MAXTRAX MKII from for almost a decade.
The manufacturing process involves a custom jig attached to a robot arm inserting the 88 alloy teeth in the correct orientation into special sockets in the injection mould, then over-moulding them into the body of the track, ensuring that the Nylon material conforms closely to the thread of each tooth for a super-secure fit, virtually eliminating the risk of a tooth unwinding from the body of the track.
NEW ALLOY TEETH:
All 88 alloy teeth are hard-anodised to protect against corrosion in harsh, saltwater or muddy environments. As the alloy is significantly harder and more durable than the rubber compound found in tyres and also more resistant to wear from a spinning tyre than any polymer available today, you can expect faster, more secure engagement with the tyre's tread pattern; which not only makes MAXTRAX XTREME the most-durable recovery track on the market, but also the fastest.
MAXTRAX XTREME is also easily repairable in the field. If a tooth gets damaged, simply flip the board over and use a T-50 Torx bit to remove and replace the damaged tooth. MAXTRAX XTREME uses a proprietary and patent-pending thread & bliplock system to ensure secure physical engagement of a new tooth with its recess after replacement. Replacement teeth and a custom T-head tool which also works with our mounting pins will soon be available on our website.
1. When your vehicle fails to proceed, STOP and retrieve your MAXTRAX. Spinning your wheels, particularly in soft sand, will only bury your vehicle deeper.
2. Clear debris and obstructions from around tyres and underbody components such as diffs, axles and sidesteps. MAXTRAX can be inverted and used as a shovel. It is essential that the wheels are bearing the weight of the vehicle, not spinning freely in mid-air. You may need to use a long-handled shovel to clear beneath the vehicle's undercarriage.
3. WEDGE the MAXTRAX FIRMLY against the tyre tread, in front of both front tyres if attempting to drive forward, or behind both rear tyres if attempting to reverse. Ensure that the MAXTRAX are pointing in the intended direction of immediate travel. The MAXTRAX should not lay flat on the ground but protrude at an angle (as shown above). Lowering your tyre pressures now can greatly improve the available traction to ensure a successful recovery. Using the telltale leashes will also make finding your buried MAXTRAX that much easier.
4. Clear the area of personnel and climb back into your vehicle. Double check to ensure the area is clear of personnel before starting the engine. 5. Engage low ratio, first gear and GENTLY accelerate. DO NOT SPIN YOUR WHEELS! The slow rotation allows the tyres to grip the lugs on top of the MAXTRAX and draw them under. Wheel spin will damage your MAXTRAX (by generating sufficient heat to melt the material and burn off the teeth), and dig you in deeper. MAXTRAX damaged by wheel spin are not covered under warranty.
6. If the tyres do not immediately grip the MAXTRAX and drag them underneath, STOP, reposition the MAXTRAX so that they are FIRMLY WEDGED against the tyre's treads, and try again. DO NOT SPIN YOUR WHEELS! You may also need to clear more debris to ensure the wheels are bearing the vehicle's weight.